Health coverage for PA state workers not expected to shift
The Associated Press | 04.25.13
(Harrisburg) -- There are no plans to move state government workers into a federally run online health insurance marketplace that's supposed to start up next year.
A spokeswoman for the Pennsylvania Employees Benefit Trust Fund says she wasn't aware of any such plans, and nothing is getting consideration from the Legislature.
The 25-year-old trust fund administers health care benefits to about 140,000 state employees, retirees and their families.
Washington state legislators are considering moving some government workers from state-sponsored health plans to an insurance marketplace.
Washington is looking to make the shift with part-time employees who work less than 30 hours a week.
You may also be interested in...
- PA's Medicaid enrollees could see benefit cuts
- What's this talk about Medical Consumerism?
- Data used to push for Medicaid expansion in Pa.
- Governor Corbett questions whether politics will play role in Medicaid decision
- What about your vacation healthcare needs?
- More employers pushing employees to pay more for health care