A day with Dr. Jeffrey Brenner 5.23.13
WellSpan Health | 05.20.13
Mark your calendar for an inspiring day with Dr. Jeffrey Brenner.
Dr. Jeffrey Brenner has become world famous for the work he’s been doing for over 10 years as a family physician for the poor and underserved in inner-city Camden NJ. Through his creative use of data, modeled on urban police departments’ “HotSpotting”, Dr. Brenner has spearheaded a movement that is likely to transform the American Health Care system by engaging local communities in ways never seen before.
Dr. Brenner became well known after his work was featured in The New Yorker article “The HotSpotters.”
He was also profiled in Philadelphia Magazine as one of the area’s smartest citizens.
We are very fortunate to have Dr. Brenner in Central PA on May 23. He will convene a gathering of health care providers, state officials, social service providers, faith-based organizations and local citizens interested to learn more about innovations in health care delivery and how to make a difference.
Join us for an inspiring day with Dr. Jeffrey Brenner.
Thursday, May 23, 2013 in Harrisburg
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM and 6:00PM - 7:30 PM
1:00 PM - 1:45 PM - Call to action by Jeffrey Brenner MD (Lawrence Chapel, 110 State Street in Harrisburg)
1:45 PM - 4:00 PM – two concurrent networking sessions :
- Data – how to use it to improve our health systems and communities (representatives from Camden)
- Community Engagement – including Time Banking (Edgar S. Cahn, JD, PhD timebanks.org), Regional medical charity care programs ( Healthy York Network, PALCO ), community organizing including the involvement of faith based organizations in improving health CUNA )
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM Networking on your own
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM Dr. Jeffrey Brenner - Community Lecture and Audience Q&A
(Central Pennsylvania Business College)
When: Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM and 6:00PM - 7:30 PM
Who should attend: Healthcare providers and leaders, social service providers, faith-based organizations, county and state officials, interested citizens
- 1:00 to 4:00 PM at Lawrence Chapel, 110 State Street in Harrisburg
- 6:00 to 7:30 PM at Central Pennsylvania Business College, Yellow Breeches Room (600 Valley Road, Summerdale, PA 17093) This lecture is made possible by generous donations from Highmark Foundation and the Dorothy Rider Pool Health Care Trust.
R.S.V.P.: Contact Joyce Ortiz at (717) 801-4830 / email@example.com by May 17. Please let us know what afternoon session topic you are interested in and if you will attend the evening lecture
Please share this invitation with others in the community you feel need to know about this exciting event!
Watch FRONTLINE's "Doctor Hotspot" to meet Dr. Brenner, who says his medical model can provide better care and reduce costs:
Published in Get Involved
You may also be interested in...
- More employers pushing employees to pay more for health care
- Ad-hoc organizations fill cracks that remain in health care system
- Readmission penalties hit hospitals, but it's not that simple
- National Healthcare Decisions Day
- New program makes health care providers accountable
- Good Samaritan Health System and WellSpan Health will explore affiliation