App of the Week: My Pregnancy Today
Katie Carpenter, Interactive Producer for Transforming Health | 05.29.13
Expecting a baby? You don't need to lug around all of those baby books when you can discover the information, support and guidance you’ll need to prepare for the arrival of your baby- all at the touch of a fingertip.
The My Pregnancy Today app works like this:
Simply enter your baby’s due date and the app is your expert guide until your exact day of pregnancy. Feel more prepared for your baby’s birth, and get the answers you need, whenever you need them.
You can download this free must-have pregnancy app by BabyCenter, the most trusted parenting resource, supporting 25 million moms worldwide.
Here’s what you’ll get (BabyCenter website):
The app shows you how your pregnancy is growing.
- Fetal development images: See your baby grow with our one-of-kind images developed by expert medical illustrators.
- Pregnancy checklist: This interactive to-do list is filled with activities and reminders to keep you on track with decisions, doctor appointments, and more.
- Award-winning videos: Watch what’s happening inside the womb with breathtaking 3-D animations, or, get informed (and inspired) about your own delivery day with live-action birth videos.
- Birth clubs: Meet other moms-to-be who are due at the same time as you and get instant advice and support.
- Due date calculator: Figure out your due date and count down to the big day.
- Nutrition guide: These tips and recipes will help you eat well and manage cravings.
Video review of the app:
What users are saying:
Josie pennyapple: "This app has been a great guide for every step of my pregnancy ( first one!). It keeps the explanations short and sweet, but it tells you all the important stuff."
Raggaprincess: "Help me understand my pregnancy every step of the way."
What apps are helping you and you family get fit? We'd love your suggestions! Leave a comment below or email us at email@example.com with your fitness app suggestions and we just might feature it next!
You may also be interested in...
- NPR: Warnings Against Antidepressants For Teens May Have Backfired
- I'm Here with You: A Community Forum on Children and Grief
- Health care apps growing in popularity and abundance
- Kids Nutrition
- Dent bill addresses CHIP-related Affordable Care Act issue
- Is your family impacted by decision to allow families to keep CHIP?