Intro to Qigong 5.14.13
WellSpan Health | 05.07.13
Intro to Qigong: This question and answer session will cover the history, origin and beginning (8 active directional breaths) plus more. Speaker: Rick Julius.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
11:55am until 12:55pm
Location: Childbirth & Family Educaton, 2017 Springwood Rd. (Queensgate Towne Center)
Registration is required; please call 851-3500 or 1-800-840-5905.
More about Qigong from Wikipedia:
Qigong, is a practice of aligning breath, movement, and awareness for exercise, healing, and meditation. With roots in Chinese medicine, martial arts, and philosophy, qigong is traditionally viewed as a practice to cultivate and balance qi (chi) or what has been translated as "intrinsic life energy." Typically a qigong practice involves rhythmic breathing coordinated with slow stylized repetition of fluid movement, a calm mindful state, and visualization of guiding qi through the body.
Published in Get Involved
You may also be interested in...
- NPR: Warnings Against Antidepressants For Teens May Have Backfired
- Readmission penalties hit hospitals, but it's not that simple
- New program makes health care providers accountable
- 'Mindfulness' training can help people adapt to chronic health difficulties
- Smart Talk: mental health first aid; Millersville breast cancer awareness
- Good Samaritan Health System and WellSpan Health will explore affiliation