Radio Smart Talk: Women's health
Transforming Health | 05.16.13
Radio Smart Talk for Thursday, May 16:
The health story that attracted the nation's attention this week was news that actress Angelina Jolie had undergone a preventive double mastectomy after learning she carries a gene that increases her risk for breast and ovarian cancer.
Sometimes it takes a well-known person publicizing their personal stories of dealing with a health issue to get others to notice or learn more.
Jolie's announcement through a column in the New York Times certainly shined a spotlight on women's health.
The major health concerns of women include heart disease, breast cancer, osteoporosis, and depression, but we'll also look at families where women are often the health caregivers and the stress and challenges that role presents.
Appearing on the program will be Dr. Peter Cardinal, MD, Medical Director of Holy Spirit Health System's Physician Practices and Peggy Hummel, CRNP, a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner with Pinnacle Health.
Listen to the program:
Make a Date Every 8 to learn more about women’s health concerns so that you can live a healthier life!
Peggy Hummel and Dr. Peter Cardinal on Radio Smart Talk
You may also be interested in...
- Getting Covered: Expert Q & A
- Capital BlueCross, PinnacleHealth System team up to bring employers a new health insurance option
- Smart Talk: Is there a shortage of doctors in PA?
- PA's proposed Medicaid overhaul
- Eating healthy when you eat out
- ACA to cover preventive breast cancer drugs for high-risk women