Yoga on the Steps Philly 5.19.13
Transforming Health | 05.15.13
2013 Yoga on the Steps- Philadelphia
Sunday, May 19, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
ON THE STEPS OF THE PHILADELPHIA MUSEUM OF ART
Yoga on the Steps® is Living Beyond Breast Cancer’s signature education and fundraising event.
The heart of Yoga on the Steps is a one-hour yoga class, designed for all skill levels and body types led by Jennifer Schelter, MFA, the founder of Yoga Unites®. The class also features Kirtan music by Yvette and her spirited band of musicians.
After the class, participants and supporters can enjoy refreshments and browse through a Healthy Living Expo featuring health and nutrition experts, event sponsors, yoga and fitness studios, vendors and information about local area nonprofits and service organizations.
The purpose of Yoga on the Steps is to educate communities about healthy living and quality-of-life-issues while creating awareness and raising funds for LBBC’s education and support resources - which are always provided to women diagnosed with breast cancer, their families and their caregivers for little or no cost.
Published in Get Involved
You may also be interested in...
- Free Zumba classes 1.18 & 1.19.14
- ACA to cover preventive breast cancer drugs for high-risk women
- Community Food Project York 1.23.14
- Public hearing: Healthy Pennsylvania, Medicaid, & Private Coverage 1.9.14
- Listen: Is the Affordable Care Act beyond rescue? 1.26.14
- Your Health, Your Choice: The Affordable Care Act 12.20.13