PA starts clearinghouse for autism services and info
The Associated Press | 06.04.13
PA starts clearinghouse for autism services and information.
(Harrisburg) -- The state Department of Public Welfare is establishing a website, toll-free number and specialists to help families and parents of the autistic get information and guidance.
The department says the ASERT Statewide Resource Center can be found by calling 1-877-231-4244 or online at www.PAautism.org.
Bev Mackereth, the agency's acting secretary, says one in 88 children are now being diagnosed with autism.
The center is designed to offer information about local, regional and statewide events, as well as professional training, community resources, services and research.
It's being funded by the department's Bureau of Autism Services and is a partnership of medical centers, autism research centers, universities, community organizations and service providers.
You may also be interested in...
- Capital BlueCross, PinnacleHealth System team up to bring employers a new health insurance option
- PA's proposed Medicaid overhaul
- Medicaid issue could kill DPW name-change
- Employer mandate won't apply to volunteer fire companies
- DPW wraps up seventh and final PA Medicaid hearing
- PA health care plan draws fire at hearing