Body Image "Check-Up" for Girls 8.12.13
WellSpan Health | 07.23.13
Body Image and Self-Esteem “Check-Up” for Girls :
A new school year is just around the corner when your daughter will again be focused on her worries about grades, friends and her appearance. There is also the struggle of trying to be like her peers and at the same time develop her own self image. Before the start of a new school year it may be a good time to do a “check-up” regarding her feelings about these issues and provide her with positive messages and strategies to cope with the stresses of this stage in her life.
Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2013
6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
WellSpan Women’s Center,
35 Monument Rd., York
Girls ages 11-15 are invited to attend with a parent or significant adult.
Speakers: Susan Andrey-Bailey, MS, WellSpan Behavioral Health Services & Melissa Plotkin, ACCESS-York, YWCA York
Published in Get Involved
You may also be interested in...
- Readmission penalties hit hospitals, but it's not that simple
- New program makes health care providers accountable
- 'Mindfulness' training can help people adapt to chronic health difficulties
- Good Samaritan Health System and WellSpan Health will explore affiliation
- Sit less, stand more to improve your health
- Childhood health concerns vary based on race and ethnic background