Read T.R. Reid's "The Healing of America" this summer
Transforming Health | 07.10.13
Aligning Forces for Quality - South Central PA has teamed up with the Central PA library systems, as well as WITF to encourage residents to start discussing health care in our communities and ideas for making improvements.
There's still time to join the Summer Movement! Read T.R. Reid’s “The Healing of America: A Global Quest for Better, Cheaper, and Fairer Health Care.”
After reading the book, participate in a discussion using this T.R. Reid Discussion Guide and complete a survey to be entered into the drawing.
All surveys must be submitted by August 30, 2013! You could win a chance to meet Reid himself! Scroll down for more information!
And, don't miss T.R. Reid on witf!
- Reid will be a guest on witf 89.5’s Radio Smart Talk hosted by Scott LaMar at 9 a.m. on Thursday, September 12, 2013.
- He will also appear on Smart Talk hosted by Nell McCormack Abom on witf TV 9 p.m. Thursday, September 12, 2013.
To help jump start the conversation, the public is being asked to participate in A Summer Reid - a special program that invites residents to visit local libraries to borrow The Healing of America: A Global Quest for Better, Cheaper, and Fairer Health Care, written by New York Times bestselling author T. R. Reid and hold a discussion with their book clubs, friends, family members, co-workers and etc.
In the book, T.R. Reid explains the handling of health care in other countries, including France, Britain, Germany, Japan and others. He shares the details of his tour of successful, affordable universal health care systems. Using a plain-English explanation, T.R. Reid helps individuals understand the state of health care in the United States and around the world.
Individuals who read the book also have the chance to win a copy of the book, attend a private book signing with T.R. Reid and enjoy an invitation-only dinner hosted by Aligning Forces for Quality - South Central PA on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 to hear him speak. Thirty winners will be chosen.
Visit any of the following libraries to borrow the book and complete the survey.
- Adams County Library System
- Cumberland County Library System
- Dauphin County Library System
- Franklin County Library System
- Hershey Public Library
- Library System of Lancaster County
- Lebanon County Library System
- Middletown Public Library
- Newport Public Library
- York County Library System
Click here to watch T.R. Reid's PBS documentary, "The Good News in American Medicine."
You may also be interested in...
- What's this talk about Medical Consumerism?
- What about your vacation healthcare needs?
- Overwhelmed? We've Found 'A Summer Read' For You!
- More employers pushing employees to pay more for health care
- Ad-hoc organizations fill cracks that remain in health care system
- Readmission penalties hit hospitals, but it's not that simple