America's battle with obesity
Marcela De Vivo | 09.18.13
It is no secret that America is fighting a battle with obesity; one-third of children are overweight or obese while over one-third of adults are obese. Although those figures are daunting, there is hope.
Current legislation can greatly benefit the next generation and ensure that they live long, healthy lives. The key to the problem is to address the problem now, and prevent our children from battling obesity in the future.
The infographic below outlines how a few current programs have already started to make a dent in child obesity rates in the U.S.
Source: America's Battle With Obesity
You may also be interested in...
- More employers pushing employees to pay more for health care
- Exercise is actually a form of medicine
- NPR: Warnings Against Antidepressants For Teens May Have Backfired
- Ad-hoc organizations fill cracks that remain in health care system
- I'm Here with You: A Community Forum on Children and Grief
- National Healthcare Decisions Day