Ask 4 Questions: Prepare for health reform
Transforming Health | 09.18.13
Starting in October 2013, many Americans will have new health insurance choices under The Affordable Care Act (ACA), the new health reform law that requires everyone to have health insurance.
There are four key questions that you need to ask in order to prepare yourself for the law, understand the health insurance choices that you have, and how to use it.
Ask these 4 questions:
1. What are my choices for health insurance?
2. How do I get it?
3. How do I use it?
4. What will it cost me?
The guide below will help you begin to find answers to the 4 questions.
Where can I get more information?
- Go to www.healthcare.gov to find out what kind of Marketplace your state will have.
- A 1-800 hotline will be available soon.
- Starting in October 2013, you will be able to enroll on the website or by calling the 1-800 hotline.
- Each state will provide people called Patient Navigators that can help you make your way through the system.
The guide is written by: Written by: Kara L. Jacobson, MPH; Clayton T. Marcinak; Victor Y. Wu, MD, MPH; Ruth M. Parker, MD.