Ephrata Community Hospital and Wellspan finalize affiliation
The Associated Press | 09.16.13
(York) -- Ephrata Community Hospital and WellSpan Health say they've finalized plans to affiliate next month.
The health care organizations said in a joint statement their affiliation will take effect October 1st.
They say it will help them offer the highest quality of care at an affordable cost.
WellSpan has 500 providers and more than 9,000 employees, volunteers and physicians. It operates WellSpan York Hospital, WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital, WellSpan Surgery & Rehabilitation Hospital and 35 outpatient health centers.
Ephrata has 430 providers and 2,000 employees. It operates Ephrata Community Hospital, 11 outpatient centers, the Ephrata Cancer Center and the 19 practices of the Northern Lancaster County Medical Group.
The announcement comes after a year of discussions and regulatory reviews.
You may also be interested in...
- Report highlights shortcomings in PA emergency care
- Physicians group says ER care is getting better
- Capital BlueCross, PinnacleHealth System team up to bring employers a new health insurance option
- Smart Talk: Is there a shortage of doctors in PA?
- Employer mandate won't apply to volunteer fire companies
- Link roundup: Health reform on January 1 2014