Ephrata Community Hospital and Wellspan finalize affiliation
The Associated Press | 09.16.13
(York) -- Ephrata Community Hospital and WellSpan Health say they've finalized plans to affiliate next month.
The health care organizations said in a joint statement their affiliation will take effect October 1st.
They say it will help them offer the highest quality of care at an affordable cost.
WellSpan has 500 providers and more than 9,000 employees, volunteers and physicians. It operates WellSpan York Hospital, WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital, WellSpan Surgery & Rehabilitation Hospital and 35 outpatient health centers.
Ephrata has 430 providers and 2,000 employees. It operates Ephrata Community Hospital, 11 outpatient centers, the Ephrata Cancer Center and the 19 practices of the Northern Lancaster County Medical Group.
The announcement comes after a year of discussions and regulatory reviews.
You may also be interested in...
- Split among midstate hospitals on banning smoking for new employees
- How better hospital design can mean better care
- Readmission penalties hit hospitals, but it's not that simple
- New program makes health care providers accountable
- Good Samaritan Health System and WellSpan Health will explore affiliation
- Some fear ACA will lead to ER crowding