Exercise and childhood obesity
Katie Carpenter | 09.17.13
Over the past 30 years, obesity rates in children have tripled. Lack of exercise is a major factor… let’s take a look:
- 1 in 4 kids don’t get any physical activity.
- And, today, kids spend 7.5 hours in front of screens each day. Unplug and limit the screentime to 2 hours.
- Kids need 60 minutes of exercise each day. You can even break that up and still benefit.
- A students are 2x as likely to get regular physical activity than D and F students.
- And, Kids who spend time outside are less likely to be overweight by 27-41%.
"Parents, emphasize activity, not exercise and get active together as a family!"
Click here to watch an animated video about diet and childhood obesity.
Explore the Transforming Kids' Health infographic to learn more about building a healthy lifestyle with your child. Click on the image below to see the infographic: