NPR: Insurance Exchange 101: Here's what you need to know
NPR | 09.30.13
Open enrollment begins tomorrow in Pennsylvania’s new federally-facilitated health insurance marketplace for the uninsured and privately insured. Nearly all Americans will be required to have health insurance starting Jan. 1, 2014, or else they'll be liable for a tax penalty. Some confusion remains about who should be looking to buy insurance on the exchanges.
"Well, definitely not everyone. These exchanges are for two major groups of people: Those who don't have insurance now, and those who currently purchase their own insurance, meaning they don't get it through an employer."
You may also be interested in...
- Getting Covered: Expert Q & A
- Report highlights shortcomings in PA emergency care
- Physicians group says ER care is getting better
- Capital BlueCross, PinnacleHealth System team up to bring employers a new health insurance option
- Smart Talk: Is there a shortage of doctors in PA?
- PA's proposed Medicaid overhaul