Certified Application Counselors
Heather Woolridge, witf Producer | 10.16.13
Navigating the new Health Insurance Marketplace online can be intimidating. But, don’t worry. There are Certified Application Counselors (CAC) located around Central PA who are ready to walk you through the shopping experience.
Roberta Vann, Patient Services Manager at Hamilton Health Center in Harrisburg, says that they have five CAC’s on staff who are accepting appointments to help people navigate the healthcare.gov website, and answer questions about the process.
Take a look:
Find local help (from healthcare.gov)
In all states, there will be people trained and certified to help you understand your health coverage options and enroll in a plan. They will be known by different names, depending on who provides the service and where they are located. All will provide similar kinds of help:
- Application assisters
- Certified application counselors
- Government agencies, such as State Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Offices
- Insurance agents and brokers can also help you with your application and choices.
Visit LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov to find help in your area.
You can search by city and state or zip code to see a list of local organizations with contact information, office hours, and types of help offered, such as non-English language support, Medicaid or CHIP, and Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP).
These organizations can assist you in finding the kind of help that works for you.
You may also be interested in...
- More employers pushing employees to pay more for health care
- Exercise is actually a form of medicine
- You're invited to the 2014 Farm to Table Dinner!
- Caring for the Caregiver
- Ad-hoc organizations fill cracks that remain in health care system
- Capital Blue Cross facing deadline to fix problems in Medicare programs