Insurance marketplace rollout link roundup
Transforming Health | 10.01.13
The health insurance exchanges under the Affordable Care Act opened for enrollment today. This is the first day that people can see information on the available health plans and start shopping. News outlets around the country are following the story and offering resources. Below are links to some insurance marketplace resources from public media outlets:
"What happens today is we're going to move from this policy debate about Obamacare to a reality outcome debate: What impact does it have on millions and millions of Americans, and do they judge it to be good or bad?" GOP pollster Bill McInturff says.
"When the Connector opened for business in late 2006, people signed up. Within a year there were 367,000 newly insured citizens."
"The partial government shutdown will have no immediate effect on the insurance marketplaces because they operate with money that’s not subjected to the annual federal budget."
"In the three years since President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law, the measure has survived more than 50 votes in Congress to defund or repeal it, a Supreme Court challenge and a presidential election. Obamacare goes operational on Tuesday. It's only fitting that it opens for business on the same day the government is shutting down because Congress is having a big fight over this divisive law."
- Visit the official website of the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Follow our multimedia coverage on the rollout of the Marketplace in PA.
- Insurance Marketplace: Tip sheet for individuals.
You may also be interested in...
- More employers pushing employees to pay more for health care
- Ad-hoc organizations fill cracks that remain in health care system
- Capital Blue Cross facing deadline to fix problems in Medicare programs
- Readmission penalties hit hospitals, but it's not that simple
- Adding and sustaining rural health clinics proves challenging
- Diane Rehm: The Promise And Perils Of A New Project To Share Individual Patient Records