State offers Medicare enrollment resources
Matt Paul and Radio Pennsylvania | 10.21.13
The enrollment period runs through December 7th.
(Harrisburg) -- The annual Medicare enrollment period is underway in Pennsylvania, and the state Department of Aging's APPRISE program is helping enrollees understand their benefits.
Statewide APPRISE Coordinator Darlene Sampson says the state has nearly 600 volunteers trained to answer questions about Medicare benefits.
"For the next six and a half weeks we are helping Medicare beneficiaries understand what their insurance options are," she says, "and it's always important for beneficiaries to consider doing a review of their current coverage."
Sampson says Area Agencies on Aging will be holding open enrollment events in an effort reach out to Medicare eligible residents. The enrollment period runs through December 7th.
Published in Healthcare Transformation
You may also be interested in...
- More employers pushing employees to pay more for health care
- Ad-hoc organizations fill cracks that remain in health care system
- Capital Blue Cross facing deadline to fix problems in Medicare programs
- Adding and sustaining rural health clinics proves challenging
- National Healthcare Decisions Day
- New program makes health care providers accountable