Tell us about your experience with the PA insurance marketplace
witf | 10.01.13
More than 600,000 Pennsylvanians are expected to be shopping for health insurance on a new federally-facilitated exchange over the next few months. Any US citizen without affordable, job-based coverage is eligible for the exchange. Households making up to 400 percent of the federal poverty level are eligible for tax credits, and those earning up to 250 percent are eligible for cost sharing subsidies.
Health insurance is required under the Affordable Care Act, with a few exceptions, and anyone who does not have coverage by March 31st 2014 may face a penalty.
witf would like to hear from midstate residents shopping for coverage on the new exchange, which went live today. Please help inform our coverage by responding to the questions below.
You may also be interested in...
- Getting Covered: Expert Q & A
- Report highlights shortcomings in PA emergency care
- Physicians group says ER care is getting better
- Capital BlueCross, PinnacleHealth System team up to bring employers a new health insurance option
- Smart Talk: Is there a shortage of doctors in PA?
- PA's proposed Medicaid overhaul