Corbett signs breast density cancer screening bill
The Associated Press | 11.01.13
Photo by Joscephus Wallace- witf
(Harrisburg) -- A bill to require mammograms to include breast density information will take effect in three months now that Governor Corbett has added his signature.
Corbett signed the Breast Density Notification Act into law today, calling it ``a logical, commonsense bill.''
The goal is to improve early detection of cancer among women with comparatively dense breast tissue.
The legislation gives women with dense breast tissue information about other ways to screen for cancer.
The administration says about 32 Pennsylvania women are diagnosed with breast cancer each day.
You may also be interested in...
- ALERT: 1 in 5 Americans will Develop Skin Cancer
- NPR: Can Fear Of Cancer Keep College Kids From Binge Drinking?
- Advice for anyone facing a health struggle
- Learn more about chronic disease
- Smart Talk: mental health first aid; Millersville breast cancer awareness
- In medical marijuana debate, arguments return to lack of research