Confused by the new health insurance options? Get free help!
witf.org, | 02.25.14
You can get free help applying for Affordable Health Care health insurance programs.
On Saturday, March 1, you can get free help from Millersville University students and other community volunteers. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the University’s Ware Center located at 42 North Prince Street in downtown Lancaster.
Trained volunteers will provide one-on-one assistance to explain your options, help in applying for health insurance and setting up a web or email account for your use. The free workshop is open to the public. Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins will be accepted. To schedule an appointment, call 717-392-1595. To apply for the government’s new health insurance program on March 1, attendees should bring the following information and/or documentation:
- Social Security number and date of birth for everyone in your household
- Federal Income Tax Forms including W-2 and/or 1099 forms OR an estimation of your household income from all sources.
- If you or a household member has any current insurance coverage, bring the name of the insurance company and the policy number.
- If applicable, bring your immigration paperwork.
The outreach effort is a public service effort sponsored by Millersville University, Lancaster City County Medical Society, Project Access Lancaster County (PALCO), a program of the Lancaster County Medical Foundation, and Southeast Lancaster Health Services.
You may also be interested in...
- PA's Medicaid enrollees could see benefit cuts
- Pennsylvania scores 19th in US obesity rankings
- Doctors eye legislative drug (tracking) deal
- Pennsylvania taxpayers may pay $64 million to assist insurance companies with tax burden
- 8 Questions and Answers about Healthy Pennsylvania
- Waiver to use Medicaid money for private insurance approved