Learn more about chronic disease
Keira McGuire | 02.28.14
Arthritis is a chronic disease
Heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, arthritis - you or someone you know probably has experience with a chronic disease, which is why they’re now considered the leading health concern of the nation.
The number of people living with chronic disease is growing. An estimated 133 million Americans –nearly half the population – suffer from at least one chronic disease. That’s 15 million more than just a decade ago – and the number is only expected to grow.
Learn more about what chronic disease is and some common preventable causes in the video below.
You may also be interested in...
- 2014 Farm to Table Dinner a Great Success
- Pennsylvania's painkiller guidelines for cancer patients graded same as 2006
- What about your vacation healthcare needs?
- WATCH: I'm Here With You: A Forum on Children and Grief
- Exercise is actually a form of medicine
- ALERT: 1 in 5 Americans will Develop Skin Cancer