Learn more about chronic disease
Keira McGuire | 02.28.14
Arthritis is a chronic disease
Heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, arthritis - you or someone you know probably has experience with a chronic disease, which is why they’re now considered the leading health concern of the nation.
The number of people living with chronic disease is growing. An estimated 133 million Americans –nearly half the population – suffer from at least one chronic disease. That’s 15 million more than just a decade ago – and the number is only expected to grow.
Learn more about what chronic disease is and some common preventable causes in the video below.
You may also be interested in...
- Listen now: Dr. Niraj Gusani discusses pancreatic cancer
- Watch HealthSmart: A Picture of Primary Care
- What is caregiver burnout?
- PA Department of Aging marks family caregivers and Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Month
- Transforming Health focuses on caregivers in November
- Listen now: what is ovarian cancer?