NPR: That Health Insurance Deadline Now Comes With Wiggle Room
Julie Rovner/ NPR Health Policy Correspondent | 03.27.14
Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
Christine Moyer checks out options at a health insurance enrollment fair on March 18 in San Francisco.
Click here to listen to the story as it aired on All Things Considered (3/26/14):
We're just five days away from the March 31 deadline to sign up for individual health insurance under the Affordable Care Act. For weeks, administration officials, including the president, have insisted that there would be no extensions to the scheduled end of the six-month open enrollment period.
But now there's some wiggle room. Let's review, shall we?
You may also be interested in...
- Pennsylvania taxpayers may pay $64 million to assist insurance companies with tax burden
- 8 Questions and Answers about Healthy Pennsylvania
- Thousands of Pa. residents could lose health insurance
- Same sex ruling impacts health care, too
- Smart Talk: Suicide and mental illness
- Smart Talk: Alzheimer's and the state's action plan